Bristol Bus Bonanza

I've always been a bus girl, a train will never be my top public transport option. I can't really put a finger on it specifically but I think it's mainly because I like being able to see what's going past outside the window.

Getting used to a new bus system is surprisingly confusing when you've been so used to another one for ages. I have to say, as much as I'm a London lass at heart, so far I really do love the buses here.

Everyone coming to Bristol should download the UK Bus Checker. I came across it before I moved and I use it everyday. I'm still working out all its features but it's very handy. Easy to use map, it even shows you in which direction the buses from the stop will be going.

The buses in London have become very silent affairs now. All non-cash payments mean you don't actually have to interact with the driver at all. Here it's still very much a communing activity, they sell daily and weekly tickets [although I haven't quite got the hang of the cost for singles yet]. I can't help but think that if this happened in London it'd be a very stressful affair, I'm almost certain that everyone would be getting irate that it was taking so long.

My journey into work takes about 25 minutes on the bus, if I drove it it would still take 15, and even with the walk at each end it's still more convenient than driving. So far I can't even fault them, I miss a bus by seconds and if I wait 10 minutes there's another one appearing round the corner.

I'm sounding like a bus nerd right now! I get on near the depot end of the route and in the mornings there's a pile of Metro newspapers as you get on. There's even free wifi, which at the moment is a godsend when my internet is still pending at the flat.

I've probably cursed it now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...