Movies To See In 2017

It's about that time again... to sift through the hundreds of movies coming out in 2017 and start planning how I'm going to afford all the popcorn that will be required!

I don't know how I'm feeling about all the remakes I've seen... especially Sister Act, I'm really hoping that that one is a horrible horrible joke. I would assume that there are a lot of films that are due to come out that I won't have seen online, as with my 2016 list.

But let's get started!

January


20th: Split - James McAvoy looking particularly scary. M. Night Shyamalan, could go either way.

20th: Table 19 - Wedding comedy with Anna Kendrick, I enjoy both of those things!


20th: xXx Return of Xander Cage - Wait... isn't he dead?

February


10th: The Lego Batman Movie - Another one that got an automatic slot on the list. Possibly the only time this year I won't be disappointed by a DC character.

17th: The Dark Tower - I'm nervous... Stephen King novels that are made into movies/TV shows don't seem to end well.

March


2nd: Wolverine 3 - Or is it 2? Not sure how there is so little about this one around considering it's listed for March... but I'm seeing it, better be better than the last one.

10th: Kong Skull Island - Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L. Jackson bumped this onto the list... but is it a remake? Isn't this just the new remake again?

17th: Beauty and the Beast - An interesting adaptation that shows a lot of promise. Emma Watson as Belle and a couple of hunky guys playing Beast and Gaston. A big filled cast too, I haven't watched any trailers or anything, don't really want to spoil it!

31st: Ghost in the Shell - A cyborg policewoman attempts to bring down a nefarious computer hacker. I like everything about that sentence.

April


28th: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Well come on, you know you want to hear that second mix tape!

May


12th: Baywatch - This isn't much of a serious entry, I'm only likely to see it because I have the Cineworld members card.


26th: Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales - Well duh! Obviously this is on the list.

June


2nd: Wonder Woman - DC, please don't let us down... I'm losing faith.


9th: The Mummy - Only a vague interest in this, the thing that got me was Russell Crowe playing Dr Henry Jekyll in it.

9th: World War Z 2 - Now admittedly it has been a while since I watched the first one... but I'm still trying to fathom how a second will work. The first was good though so I think it deserves a go.

16th: Kingsman The Golden Circle - LOVED the first one, Channing Tatum better not ruin this one or I might start a riot in the cinema.

23rd: Transformers The Last Knight - I'm not sure this will stay on the list, I don't think I've seen the last one.

30th: Despicable Me 3 - Not sure on a plotline of this, but the first two are good enough that'll I'll go to this one... I'm hoping for something a little better than The Secret Life of Pets though.


July


7th: Spider-man Homecoming - I am at a loss as to why they keep feeling the need to reboot Spider-man. I enjoy the Andrew Garfield ones... and Tom Holland in Civil War didn't exactly leave me with warm feelings about the role.

28th: Jumanji - Evidently a sequel to the one in 1995. Starring Karen Gillan, Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart and... Nick Jonas?

August


4th: Alien Covenant - Fassbender is making an appearence in this franchise... good? Bad? Who knows!

18th: Flatliners - Hmm... a remake.

18th: The Hitman's Bodyguard - The world's top bodyguard gets a new client, a hit man who must testify at the International Court of Justice. They must put their differences aside and work together to make it to the trial on time. Hayek, Reynold, Jackson and Oldman... potential.

September


WHY ARE THERE NO MOVIES HERE!!!??

October


27th: Thor Ragnarok - This is me... of course I'm seeing this.

November


17th: Justice League - I'm already prepared to be disappointed.

22nd: Murder on the Orient Express - The third remake of the original... I'm saving judgement until I know who's playing Poirot.

December


22nd: Pitch Perfect 3 - Two wasn't exactly good, but you know how I like a sing-a-long!


22nd: The Six Million Dollar Man - Another remake.

---

Honorary mentions:

I surfed around a bit and found a lot of films that don't have much detail to them so who knows if they're actually going to happen or not... so here they are, I'm particularly traumatised by some of the remakes in this section.

Sky Sharks. Goon Last of the Enforcers. First Kill. Why We're Killing Gunther. Robin Hood Origins. Die Hard Year One. Maleficent 2. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Winchester Mystery House. Fortunately, the Milk. Lumberjanes. The Craft. The Shower. Alpha Squad Seven. San Andreas 2. The Thomas Crown Affair. Ghostbusters 4. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Robin Hood 2058. The Princess Diaries 3. Game Over, Man! Ocean's Eight. Bride of Frankenstein. Sister Act. Stargate. Charlie's Angels. New Mutants. She's All That. Medusa. The Raid. National Treasure 3. The Invisible Man. Independence Day 3. Fantastic Four 2. Cruella.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost