Everything Must Go

I didn't realise
how bad it had gotten.
There was no getting away
from the crushing routine.
One dead end disaster averted,
and I thought everything would be fine.

But that same heavy feeling crushing my soul.
It left me helpless.
It left me numb.

The same feeling I thought was gone.
Bubbling in the background.
A fleeting reminder of what used to be,
risen to the surface, but...
still the chipping
diminishing me.
Is there anything left to let go?

The chips become fissures.
I slide ever closer.
Realising something needs to change.
Can't pretend like one thing would fix it.
It's time to re-plaster these cracks.

My life is a yard sale,
and everything must go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...