In The Beginning

I was surfing Netgalley the other day and spotted a sampler for Dan Brown's new novel Origin... of course I clicked on "read now".

I was unfortunately only privy to the prologue and first chapter (out of 105 chapters I think), but that was better than nothing. It certainly leaves you with a good sense of what to expect in the rest of the book.

With a two chapter sample it's very difficult for me to give you any spoilers whatsoever...

Edmond Kirsch excelled in the tech world from an early stage, not just that, he excelled at knowledge. The last people you'd expect him to be meeting with are three of the world's leading religious figures. But that's exactly what he's doing behind the closed doors of the Library of Montserrat. What he's about to show them will change the very meaning of what they hold dear.

Three days later. The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. Hundreds of guests are gathered in the most fitting venue for the tech giant's latest announcement. The vague invitation was undeniably intriguing and difficult to refuse. They will all be witness to something that promises to change the face of science, and challenge the fundamentals of human existence.

---

Of course from the blurb on the book we can assume fleeing in the face of immediate danger, and puzzle solving like we've never seen it before. Although this time it seems like we're a little less reliant on Langdon's wheelhouse of the classical, and switching to the modern instead, so that should be something to look out for. And I'd imagine it won't just be Robert getting a lesson in all things modern.

Personally, I enjoy a Dan Brown book, although my favourite is probably Digital Fortress with a close second of Angels and Demons. They're an easy read, they have an exciting adventure story, and there are lots of interesting things to come across. While you obviously shouldn't judge a book by it's cover I feel safe in assuming that this one will tick off all of those boxes.

The sample was enjoyable (if a little short) and gave me just enough of a hint of what was to come. It seems like it's got a nice twist on the usual art theme, and with the tech guru at the centre of this book's revelation I can't deny that I'm hoping for some techie wonders too.

As the publication date of October 3rd looms I've been sitting here thinking I don't instantly need to have the book, I'll casually get my book as and when it arrives, I don't need the book right away... I might be wrong. Dan Brown books may not be ground breaking literature (to be honest not a lot of books can claim that anyway), they may offend some people (life's too short, get over it), but they're really enjoyable. Honestly, right now I'm feeling exactly the same way about Origin as I did about The Cursed Child. I didn't need it... until I did.

So yes, I'm about to go for a Google and see where will be selling it and when. After all, staying up and finishing it in one session is research for my job... "La la la la la"... I'm not going to hear you tell me anything different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...