Lanzarote - Day 6

Lanzarote-wise nothing exciting happened again. There was sun. There was napping in the sun. There was finishing another book. The usual.

But in the evening I was feeling out of sorts so went straight back to my room after dinner. Food hadn't been a wise idea and the drink before hand hadn't either.

My evening plans were either going to be read more of the new book or watch something I'd downloaded from Prime Video. The latter won out and boy do I wish it hadn't.

Cut to me watching Ghost Shark 2: Urban Jaws.

Ghost Shark was a glorious cinematic masterpiece of sharks. Ridiculous, yet serious. It really made me believe in the Ghost Shark phenomenon. Ghost Shark 2 on the other hand made me want to start a petition to have it completely erased from the face of the earth.

I love shark films, but I guess there always has to be an exception to the rule... and there was me thinking that it would have been The Last Sharknado: Ot's About Time.

I want to say that the beginning is like a student film. But that's insulting to student films... The beginning is like a student film, a geography student's film.

If you took a wild guess you'd say that there were no people starring in it that ever had a desire to act apart from the actor playing the part of the possessed drinks cooler. Round of applause to that person. It was one of the best parts of the whole thing. Those ice cubes launching at the guy as he cowered in the corner, amazing.

It is perhaps slightly out of order for Ghost Shark to encroach on other sharks' territory. Stick with what you know, leave ice to Ice and Avalanche Sharks and steam to what I can only assume is the upcoming Steam Sharks movie... sauna goers beware!

What makes these movies great is that most of the time people are genuinely acting like it's a blockbuster movie no matter the subject or budget, but the overacting was too much to save it from the seesaw of ridiculousness... One side (where most shark films sit) holds gems that make you laugh and cry "oh my god that was so terrible I loved it!", the other, where Ghost Sharks 2 firmly sits stubbornly refusing to get off is the side that makes you go "what were they thinking?"

Today was a very sad day for me. I've never had a shark movie let me down this much. Bad Ghost Shark!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...