Faith In Humanity Restored

When I'm out and about I see a lot of things that make me sad. Adults, who should know better, throwing rubbish on the ground when they're two feet away from a bin. Teenager trying to kick pigeons because they're bored. It's really just very sad that, well, that people don't really think.

I attract bus crazies, don't ask me how but they just gravitate toward me. So the other night on my way home from town I wasn't really surprised when two young kids and their mum came and boxed me into a corner.

But I couldn't have been more wrong.

Admittedly they were excitable but they were the nicest little family I'd met in ages. The little boy kept kicking me, but that was accidental, the mum kept apologising and told him that "the woman will probably kick you back, I wouldn't blame her". The next day was the little girls birthday and mum had got cupcakes and a bag from a toy store with her. She was asking them what homework they had and was masterfully negotiating with them, they'd do it all that evening if they could so that they could enjoy all the birthday celebrations.

Then I was really impressed. Mum started challenging them, they were doing times tables and singing... but they weren't singing in English... they were singing in Arabic and Turkish. They were learning both languages at school. She offered them prizes when they got things right, but challenged them to get a bigger prize if they could do a stage further than the first one.

It was such a nice bus ride home, for the whole hour I didn't see something that made me want to get on the first rocket off this planet.

You just need to remember that every time your faith takes a knock, there something out there that will build it back up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost