DIY Efforts - Guest Bedroom

Sorry for my absence, but I have at least been productive. I'm currently two rooms finished... it's amazing what you can botch together when you don't have anything better to do!

So here's a little introductory guide to my guest bedroom... photos aren't amazing I'm afraid but you'll get the idea... or... get the picture... hahaha, I crack me up! *stony silence* Fine, less rubbish humour.


So luckily there wasn't a great deal that needed to be done in this one. I have yet to decide about any carpets, there's nothing particularly wrong with any of them upstairs that a good clean wouldn't fix but with the bizarre weather in Bristol at the moment using my steam cleaner isn't an option.

Before


The before picture doesn't really do it justice... it looked much worse, in fact I think all the before pictures were taken after some cleaning had happened. We [any time I refer to "we" that's me, Dad and Mum, who came down to help with the decorating and cleaning effort.] took down the shelves and I filled the holes in... I'm not bad a plastering and filling! All the paper in this room was fine luckily and as soon as I'd got to work disinfecting my hands from taking down the mouldy roller blind I got to painting.


During


To during... after a lick of paint [toasted almond coloured, I know you were wondering!] I put the curtains up. A much easier task in this room as I could reach the fittings without having to stand on a ladder. Mum will be horrified when she comes as I haven't ironed them... don't tell her but they really do need it! I do currently own an iron, I just don't own an ironing board!

I brought these blackout blinds on Amazon, I got three pairs [one for here, one for the main room and one for the living room] and they came to about £81. They are really good for keeping out most of the light, they just leave enough light to give you a vague idea of what's in the room... not really surprising when I didn't spend a fortune.

The Ikea wardrobe was, as ever, easy to put together. I could have done with more floor space to put it together in but alas, no such luck! This was the beginning of discovering that the floors aren't exactly even. You might notice in the picture that the gap at the top looks a bit wide, it's nothing that a folded up bit of cardboard couldn't fix... and I had a whole forest's worth after unpacking the delivery!

Result



And ta-da! Here's the after picture. You should know that if you ever come to visit that is exactly how the duvet cover will look... creased... even if I did have an ironing board I'm not going to iron something that a] will get creased the instant someone sleeps in it, and b] although you spend about 8 hours with it, most of those are with your eyes closed and you wont be able to see it!

I have yet to open any of my boxes of books to populate the shelves, needless to say they will be very intellectual books... because the trash will be in my bedroom! There are also some accessories that you can't quite see in the picture, but I wont reveal what they are for those who haven't stayed... I don't want to spoil it!

The guest room had it's first visitor last night and the news is positive, clearly my finishing touches did the trick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...