New Year Resolutions Just Don't Cut It

I'm not joining a gym,
I'm not going to quit anything
and I'm certainly not going to say I'm going to learn something new.

Every one feels that January 1st means you have to make life changes... what's wrong with the rest of the year for that? It seems odd to me to make a very specific list of things to change at the beginning of the year. Point three in my post 10 Ways To A More Positive Life is about achieving things, but I've never been good with the negative side of "making a list"... which now that I say it seems so wrong as I love lists... my point...

Don't make a list you can't achieve.

Make a list you can work on. A big sweeping statement at the beginning of the year might have you motivated for a few weeks but doesn't have the same satisfaction as a list you can actually cross things off of when you've finished something.

So, here's my 2016 To Do List:

  • Household things.
    • Paint the downstairs hallway
    • Paint the third wall in my nerd room
    • At some point, actually mow the lawn myself [least likely thing to be achieved]
    • Design my new bathroom [actually implementing the design depends on how much money I have]
    • Revamp the kitchen [new cupboard and drawer fronts, possibly cover the worktops]
    • Deck out my shoe and handbag cupboard
    • Re-measure for, and buy, shelves for living room and nerd room
  • Crafty things.
    • Main artwork for living room
    • Various nerd room art
    • More Christmas decorations [better ones, none of the rushed nonsense like this year... sorry, last year.]
  • Unpack my exercise bike... not to exercise on, I could do with somewhere to hang my towels.
  • Find, and cook, more new recipes.
  • Go and see at least half of my top movie picks that are due out this year... I'll put a post up shortly on those.
  • Become slightly more obsessed with Pinterest [most likely thing to be achieved]

Of course there are other things I'm going to do over the year, but I don't see the point in making such a big "commitment" about it by making it a resolution. I brought a new dress I'd like to fit in better, so at some point I might stop eating so much crap. At some point I'm going to go back to making some sort of effort with my hair, and I'll probably start by colouring it again. I fancy dressing smarter in general, no jeans to work. Who knows... I might also go and buy an ironing board... for shits and giggles. Just buy it you understand, not necessarily use it.

Hopefully you'll make some sensible and achievable wishes for 2016. Best of luck to you all, and I've got my fingers crossed for the year that you all deserve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...