Legendary Reading

I haven't had the urge to read a book in ages... that was until I saw The Four Legendary Kingdoms by Matthew Reilly on Netgalley. I'll admit, I was going into this book biased, I love Matthew Reilly novels. This one just confirmed that feeling.


So this one is in the Jack West series, and my horrible realisation is that I had missed one in the series. Yes I know they're numbered and it should be easy to follow them... but I still missed one! So I have no idea what happened in the last book. Honestly though I don't think it meant I lost anything when reading this.

Jack West Jnr wakes, head shaved, alone and very confused. As if waking up and not knowing how he got to wherever he was wasn't enough, now he's being charged at by something that's half man, half bull. What sort of dream was this? And if it wasn't a dream, was it a nightmare?

The fifth greatest warrior had been kidnapped, and brought to this mysterious place... and he wasn't the only one. He's in this strange place with these other warriors, but most are a little more prepared than he is.

If there is one thing that Matthew Reilly knows how to do well it's write a gripping action adventure novel. As expected, this one doesn't disappoint. I read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down, lost sleep finishing it... totally worth it.

Honestly I couldn't find anything about the book that I didn't like. I tried, but I really did enjoy it all. Possibly the only criticism I could make is that it's relatively short for one of his novels at 448 pages... you see?! It's short, right?! I would imagine that the length of his books is what puts some people off, I remember seeing them initially and ignoring them on the shelf because they were just so chunky. But, this is another one that I'll be recommending to people, and trying to convince them that it's worth the possibility of getting concussion if they fall asleep reading it... but we all know that they'll be too engrossed to fall asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost