It's My Party And I'll Die If I Want To

Researchers have a lot to answer for. According to Swiss researchers you are 14% more likely to die on your birthday than any other day. For the sake of honesty I should say that people think that's a bit high for various reasons. But, even taking into account the margin for error the chance is still greater.

There's no definitive way of saying why but here are some of the possibilities.

🎂 People who are close to death "hang on" for their birthday. It's certainly plausible, I've heard lots of stories of people close to death holding on just long enough to see their family. Could it be that they want one last happy memory?

🎂 Suicide is higher on birthdays. It can be an emotional day for many reasons and sadly not everyone can cope with that.

🎂 A greater number of accidents happen... there was no more information on this one so I've taken the liberty of making some assumptions...


  • People will probably throw caution to the wind on their birthday so my first guess is "When Birthday Presents Attack"... Bungee cord snaps/too long... Some kind of free fall activity where a parachute doesn't deploy... Gourmet meal out where they incorrectly prepare fugu.
  • "Surprise Of Your Life" or death in this case. Guess two is heart attack due to shock. Everyone is crouched in the dark, whispering and shushing frantically. The birthday boy/girl opens the door, flicks the light on... and dozens of people scream at them... hello heart attack.
  • "Relight My Fire". Now, number three could be two things. Someone has cleverly brought relighting candles so that every time you blow them out they relight... possibly causing respiratory problems. Secondly, some happy party goers want to get pictures, the cake comes out and before those possible respiratory problems they want a snap with the lit up cake. Someone asks them to lean in to the cake and some highly flammable birthday sash or party hat catches fire.
  • Lastly "Death By 1000 Papercuts". I'll admit that I would prefer this one to be death by chocolate, but paper is the silent killer. All those envelopes and presents to open... and letter openers and scissors are quickly forgotten. In your haste to open everything all at once you give yourself multiple paper cuts and slowly bleed out.


I know that last one is a little far fetched but knowing my luck I'll be that one truly bizarre demise someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...