Private Reader



Guess what everyone?! I've done it again! Today I read Private LA by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan in the Private series... and no it's not the first one! It could be number seven in the Private series, or if you go by some sites I've looked at it's included in the Jack Morgan series which is within the Private series... who knows... my tip is to just read them in order of publication (don't follow my example). Yet again (thank you authors) this can be read on its own.

Jack Morgan doesn't want to take the latest case that's come to light, he's already on a job, but when he finds out that Hollywood's biggest couple have gone missing without a trace he agrees to take it on.

Information is difficult to come by, as well as Thom and Jennifer Harlow being missing, so are their three adopted children and their personal assistant. Called in by the executives who work with the Harlows Justine knows something isn't adding up as they dig deeper into the couples life.

As well as this high profile case that needs to be kept low profile Jack has the added problem of having a case fall into his lap after unwittingly ending up at the first crime scene. Can he help find the killer who leave the calling card "No Prisoners" before the body count gets any higher?

I'm sure I've waffled about opinions I've seen online about Patterson's collaboration books before. I personally don't have any problems with them, they stick to his formula and I think they work really well.

If you just go by the titles of this series you can see that they take place around the world, which I think is good because it gives you a bit of variety throughout the series. A bit more diversity and some different points of interest. This book has scenes in Mexico and the way the difference in the way of life and corruption is dealt with is nicely done.

One of the reasons I like Patterson books is the short chapters... yes I do have a horribly short attention span sometimes... It keeps things moving and if you come across something you don't like it is gone within a couple of pages. Probably my only quibble with this book is that I went onto the next chapter and found myself in the same scene. Was I missing something in the previous ones I read? Does this happen and I've just forgotten?

While I said you could read this on its own, it does have a storyline that will carry on to the next book so please don't go and read it before committing yourself to read the next book starring Jack Morgan. I'm just one of those people who can live without fulfilling that link... as we all know by now!

Having read this one I would definitely go for the rest of the series. In particular I'm already keep on Private Sydney that came out in August. It's written with Kathryn Fox whose books I adore, you have to read them too they're great crime thrillers.

All in all you've got another winner here, he's got the right formula and it keeps working. It's a great crime thriller and an easy read... I don't say that in a negative way, just purely because it reads smoothly, has great characters and, while it could include a lot of convoluted "industry talk", it doesn't. Definitely a good bit of bedtime reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...