The Year Of The Shelfie


So last year was the year of the selfie, so this year really should be the year of the shelfie. I'm sorry my shelfie isn't the best but she thinks she looks fat from the front! [And there's a bed in the way hampering my photographic genius!]

I never think that shelves should just be for one thing, I like having a surprise when I go to mine and suddenly realise, " that's where I put that!"

So as a quick guide to my shelves... clutter.

On the far end at the top we have the first lot of DVDs. When I moved I couldn't take my entire collection intact. So about 2000 of my DVDs are in metal storage cases under my bed minus their cases. So only my favourites [and any new ones obviously] have made it onto the shelves. The top shelf is films and comedy. Under Siege set, Lethal Weapon set, Last Holiday, The Condemned, Demolition Man... the list goes on. You get a little split with Harry Potter audio [Stephen Fry version, the only way to listen!] and then you get my comedy. I was a little less selective with what made it on to the shelves in this section but there were some absolute musts... Alan Carr, Jasper Carrott, John Bishop, Rhod Gilbert and Jason Manford.

The second shelf is TV series. At least half my collection is TV, Big Bang, HIMYM, X-Files, Will & Grace and Criminal Minds all make the cut here. My weakness for cartoons also makes an appearance on the form of Looney Tunes, Pink Panther and Batfink.

Bottom far shelf is partly obstructed by some canvases I've done but this is a small section of my comic books/graphic novels. Quite a lot of these had to stay at home, I'd rather have them all out but I just don't have the space.

The nearest section has mostly fiction. Again, when I moved I had to get rid of most of my books. It ripped my heart out to do it but most of them were children's fiction that I'd read for work and most of my favourites I have as digital too so I donated them to a local charity shop, at least someone else will benefit from them.

So again we have some of my favourites which I couldn't get rid of... Handmaids Tale, Princess Bride, Jasper Fforde, Kathryn Fox. A fair bit of crime, fiction and non-fiction, makes it in. A section of zombie-classic crossovers, I'm not saying they're fantastic literature but I do enjoy the daft combinations of genres.

The bottom shelf is reserved for non-fiction, books about writing, art, some dummies guides. Yes if you look closely enough I think you can see the Blogging For Dummies book, I haven't read it... "You probably should have done"... haha... I've got forensic science books too... don't make me disappear you. Also a few Spanish fiction books and a couple more canvases.

You'll see the books and DVDs scattered with Xbox and PC games, wires for my TV and Xbox connectivity, portable hard drive for recording from my TV, satnav, camera. Like I said, I'm an equal opportunities shelver!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...