A Dream To Borrow



I just finished reading a book [The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman] which really got my imagination going. The main character goes to work at a library, but not for books, a library for objects. From the mundane to the fabulous. From the fabulous to the magical.

Of course the first thing I thought was what would I borrow... and I instantly forgot every wonderful thing I'd ever read about.

But I have a back up to think about. When you borrow something special from the library you have to leave part of yourself there. Your future first born child, your sense of humour, your willpower, your sense of direction. So what would I leave when I borrow the undisclosed magical item?

My procrastination would be the first and obvious choice... just thinking about all the things I could get done if I didn't have it makes me want to procrastinate. I think my second choice would be giving away my cowardliness, while I'm not generally cowardly I'm by no means brave.

Now it's just back to the drawing board to work out what I'd borrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...