Planning Happiness

I was thinking the other day that things had been so much happier, but recently I've been wondering if that's been flagging a little bit. So I looked up lists of things that have been proven or are said to make you happier, just to have a look at what I'm missing.

So the favourite list I saw was on Forbes.

-Exercise more
-Sleep more
-Commute less
-Spend more time with family and friends
-Spend more time outside
-Help others
-Practice smiling - it actually alleviates pain
-Meditate or enjoy soothing music
-Be grateful
-Get older

Other points I liked from other lists.

-Stretch when you wake up
-Sit in silence for 10 minutes each day
-If you're stressed don't try to manage it, instead take time off to relax
-Sleep on the right side of your body, it takes pressure off your heart
-Laugh out loud
-Walk in nature barefoot
-Plan a holiday you'll never take

There isn't a way to really say what works, after all every person is different. What I can say is what I know... When I exercise [as long as it's something I enjoy like dancing] I feel happier and full of energy. When I'm outside, sitting on the beach in Brighton or just sitting on a bench watching the world go by I feel calm. Letting someone out into traffic, not the most happy of situations granted but I always feel like I'm making someone's day a little bit better [I hope that's true]. In general I've been happy and while I've been in pain I've also done my fair share of smiling through it and it seems to have helped me to forget it until recently. In a truly torrential storm I love to listen to classical music, the sound of the rain and the music help me focus, although this isn't so easy where I live now as the neighbours are so loud. A stretch always used to start my morning off well but again with more pain this one has fallen by the wayside. Laughing always does help me forget my troubles.

As for the last one, well, it stuck out as about a month ago I'd decided to plan out one of my dream holidays. It's really fun. Friends have said "I could never do that, it'd be depressing knowing I wouldn't be able to do it". I can't listen to that sort of attitude, negativity is no way to go through life. I just think to myself that if I won the lottery or premium bonds then I could get the plan out and book it instantly and go as soon as I wanted. Everyone needs a dream, if there's nothing to look forward to how is there anything to live for?

So my happiness level should hopefully be on the up, after all I know these things have worked in the past so why would I not use them to improve my future?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost