April Showers And Other Days

Event days abound,
a month of celebrations.
Many daft but fun.

Today is haiku day... evidently. I really hope what I wrote above is a haiku! I was searching for event days that were related to work and came across a wonderous selection of random national days... which nation I don't know but that's besides the point if there's some fun to have. I came across lots so I filtered out my favourites, I haven't looked at all of them for the official story, partly because if they don't match up to the expectation in my head I'll be really disappointed!

Even though this month is mostly over I'm going to go over the whole thing. I'll put the dates in brackets... but please, if you want to go out and celebrate in a big way check the dates because some conflicted on different websites.

Chocolate Mousse Day [3] I really hope that apart from the obvious celebration of chocolate mousse they have an annual competition where the winner is the person who makes the best moose out of chocolate mousse.

Tell A Lie Day [4] is also Walk To Work Day [4]... I have a feeling I know what I'd have been lying about that day. "Is that your car outside?" "No, it's walk to work day, didn't you know?"

Caramel Day [5] I'm not going to lie here... I think they missed a beat not combining this with chocolate mousse day... come on people... a few more and we can make it dessert week!

Empanada Day [8] I'm thankful I didn't know about all these foodie days at the beginning of the month. I think I'd have had to make May diet month.

Encourage A Young Writer Day [10] A great way to use a day, it doesn't matter what you get kids to write about as long as they have fun with it. It's not like it only has to be one day, a fun discussion as a family then 20 minutes of peace while they write could be something for the whole family to enjoy... probably for very different reasons though!

Day Of Silence [11] Well, the 11th was a Friday so I don't think work would have appreciated this one. Maybe it's a day of other people's silence... you get to walk around sticking duct tape over people's mouths when they are unnecessarily rude? Hmm... yes... I could work with that.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day [12] Let's take a vote. Who wants to make April Grilled Cheese Sandwich MONTH? *I raise my hand* Motion carried... it has been proclaimed! Mmm melty cheese.

Scrabble Day [13] You can't beat a good game of Scrabble and the inevitable squabble over words!

Look Up At The Sky Day [14] Seems a bit hazardous... don't do it while walking or operating heavy machinery people! Maybe a nice lounger or garden chair would be better suited for this one.

Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day [18] Come on! I'd be all over this one! But... the 18th is a bank holiday... so I will be at home in my pajamas having the day in spirit.

The 18th is also High Five Day [although possibly the 17th] but as I'll be at home, on my own, in my pajamas, I shall invoke the spirit of Barney and self-five myself for being so awesome.

Now... Hanging Out Day [19] and Garlic Day [19] coincide so I can only assume we all need to hang out in Italian restaurants... and have chewing gum on hand.

Jelly Bean Day [22] To be honest if this isn't a day of petitioning and rallying against the weird flavours [like cinnamon] then I'm not interested. Too many times have I been fooled by the oddly similar colours!

On the twenty-third of April thy challenge is to speaketh like thou dost come from the bygone era of Shakespeare... as you can see this won't be a terribly successful day for me!

Pigs In Blanket Day [24] Is it scurrying around oinking piggies in fluffy blankets or yummy sizzling hot piggies in piggy blankets? I'm fine either way but they require very different preparations.

Poem In Your Pocket [24] I think I'll write a poem about living in my pocket and keep that in my pocket for the rest of my life. That way when I pass away people might think I had Borrowers in my pocket.

Pretzel Day [26] There was no specification so I'm making it soft-pretzel-covered-in-sugar-and-cinnamon day. [Yes I know I just lobbied to get rid of cinnamon jelly beans but you have to admit that the two taste completely different!]

Tell A Story Day [27] is the same day as Morse Code Day [27] You guys know where I'm going with this... a story in morse code... What? A story ABOUT morse code??! Err no!

International Dancing Day [29] I don't need an excuse... salsa dancing all day for me!

World Wish Day [29] Again it's unclear on this... the physical world gets a wish or everyone around the world? Because if it's the first one we should start to panic because I'm fairly certain that wish is going to be the human race gets evicted.

And we round the month off with Bugs Bunny Day [30]...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost