Hacking Through Life

So a life hack is something that is designed to make your life easier... but not just that, it's something you'd never thought of for that purpose. Some are so simple I can't believe they've never occurred to me, and others are a bit far fetched but I'll never be able to try them to find out.

So here are a few I've tried, tested and approve.


  • Turning my phone on to flight mode to charge DOES speed up the process... of course it also means you miss calls!
  • Folding in and then rolling up the bottom of a large bag of crisps DOES work as a replacement for a bowl. It also means you don't get flavouring all over your hand when you dip in.
  • Folding a fitted sheet so all the corners go together and lay flat... GENIUS... by far my favourite life hack, I hope at some point there's a life hack on how to GET a life.
  • Cutting circular sandwich fillings in half and lining the edges of the bread with the cut sides... well duh! I've been doing that for years, I kind of thought that was obvious.
  • Stick single rubber cable tidies to the side of your bedside table/bookcase. They make a handy way to store your charger cables so that you don't get a nasty surprise when you step out of bed in the middle of the night.
  • Human saliva actually speeds up the healing process. But for the love of god only spit on yourself!!
  • Tied a knot in plastic bag handles and can't undo it? Twist one of the handles tightly and then push it backwards through the hole to undo them. Saves you from having an unusable plastic bag from cutting off the knot.


Here are some I like the sound of... some will definitely get tried.


  • Having a problem? Lay down! You can process your thoughts much quicker. [Really!? How do you even test that? Maybe I'll go and have a lay down to think about that.]
  • Line the inside of a paint tray with tin foil for easy clean up. [Oh duh! Of course!]
  • Easy ways to burn 100 calories. 40 star jumps, 30 crunches, 20 squats or 10 push ups. [Not really a life hack just handy to know.]
  • Making a fort in your living room? Use a fitted sheet for a sturdier roof. [OMG!]
  • Buy tissues in cube shaped boxes. When one is empty, attach it to the second with elastic bands and use it to throw the dirty tissues in... then when that box is used, repeat.
  • Headache? Soak your feet in hot water.
  • Instead of hitting backspace multiple times to correct misspelled words, erase the whole word by pressing CTRL + backspace. [Really? I'm off to check... [illusion of time passing]... not in everything but generally yes!]
  • Measure the length of your hand from the end of your palm to the top of your middle finger. Memorise it. Now you can judge the size of anything without a ruler.
  • Supercook.com, enter your ingredients and it'll tell you recipes you can do. [I just tried this... yes it does... but to be honest I wouldn't bother.]
  • In Victorian Britain people who couldn't afford chimney sweeps dropped live geese down their chimneys. [I could see why this would work but please don't try it!!]
  • Cursing when in pain releases enkephalin which raises your pain tolerance causing you to hurt less. [Technically I do this but I don't know how you can prove it.]


Will these things save me much time in the long run? Probably not, but it's fun to try them, and to try and come up with new ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...