Those Moments In Life

There are those moments in life when you realise things. Recently I've been reminded I'm getting old... I know I'm only 32 but I'm certainly past my youth at this point. I can specifically remember three incidents where my brain has gone "f*** you're old!" to me.

The first when I was lined up to get in to a bar, it was cold and I'd got a coat, scarf and my gloves on, as had my friend. Two girls in front of us were wearing nothing but mini skirts and skimpy tops. That was the day I realised that this is what we used to look like on a night out 7 or 8 years ago.

The second was while I was travelling on a bus. A group of tweenies were sat behind me playing music from their phone (that's a whole other old lady rant... and what ever happened to the personal Walkman?). They were playing a Take That song from when they reformed saying... and I quote... "Have you heard this new band they're awesome?!" That was the day I realised that current fans of Take That weren't old enought to remember them the first time round, but I was.

Lastly was when I went out with two friends to our old stomping ground. This is few and far between these days as we're all in our 30s and have pretended to grow up by getting bills to pay. We went out on Halloween (rookie mistake) and they were scanning IDs (back in the day you could get in anywhere with a smile and some cleavage). I went in first and while I waited I'm looking at a screen filled with 32 photos on, each new ID that's scanned is popping up on the top and pushing one off the bottom. My friend comes through... "What are you looking at?"... *points to screen*... "Oh haha, they're not that bad!"... *points closer to screen* (I was pretty much paralysed by the realisation)... As our other friend walked in and all of our photos appeared in the top left hand corner of the screen I said in a hushed tone... "The number in the corner is our age... All the other pictures have a 1 at the front." That was the day I realised that national event days are only for the young and brave.

I guess this means I'm at that awkward stage at the moment, I'm too young to count as a grumpy old woman but I'm too old to be "hip and happening"... as I've managed to show simply by using that phrase!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...