Art Of The Fall

"If you fall I will be there" - Floor

I saw that on an ecard and have always kind of liked the idea. It popped back into my head when a friend showed me a video from her office CCTV. One of her colleagues is sitting at a high table, he's moving his things on the table and shifts slightly in his seat and falls flat out on the floor from his chair. Evil though it sounds... I have not laughed that hard in ages. I think it's the fact you can see the panic when he realises what is happening. Thank god for CCTV though because despite the amount of people in the room not a single person actually saw it happen.

I don't think *touch wood* that since being a grown-up [you know... sort of] I have gone flying face first into the ground.

I am a master of styling out a trip. I managed to style one out on Saturday in town. Famed for uneven paving I really should know better than to drag my feet when walking in London. I took the stumble with a little vocalisation, in this instance "woo!" and filled it in with some jazz hands.

Is it slapstick comedy? A pratfall maybe? I can't help but laugh. Someday I hope to achieve what I will call the trip 'n' slide, the dance move where you end up sliding forwards on your knees arms outstretched. It will of course be accompanied with jazz hands and angels singing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...