I'm Booking This Month In Advance

Twitter this month has turned into a #bookaday festival. I'm trying to participate... even if they don't retweet my tweets!! Not bitter at all!

They have a different book related question each day for everyone to answer. On the first it was your favourite book from childhood [Harvey Angell], best bargain on the second [most of the books I own to be honest], one with a blue cover on the fourth [Crisis on Infinite Earths] and today was least favourite book by your favourite author [the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson].

Some of the questions I just don't think I'll be able to answer, and others are just plain daft. It basically sums up at life-time of books in one months worth of one-liners.

I thought I'd go for a few book memories rather than sticking to the list.

I can't exactly remember what got me hooked on books, I think it was crime fiction. I always loved reading Minette Walters and James Patterson. Anything crimey really.

At school I hated reading, mainly because of being forced to read the classics for English. I enjoy them more now but I've never had a love of them. At school I never got to read the whole book, and being told to read it to a schedule made me dislike it more. I can read a paperback in a day if I'm relaxing at home but tell me I have to read it in a week and it'll take me a month... even if I like it.

My favourite character is a lot trickier. I love Thursday Next, she's fantastically eccentric and brings a fantastic tale with her. Or Alex Cross and his kick ass/fathering double act. Or Nana Mama for that matter. There are just too many fantastic characters to love... I don't think I could pick one.

I haven't read them for years but I remember reading, and loving, when I was younger two biographies. Whoopi Goldberg's biography Book and Cybill Shepherd's Cybill Disobedience. I haven't thought about them for ages... I've just been on Amazon and ordered myself Cybill Disobedience for 77p... I know I still have a copy of Book somewhere.

There are so many things to love about books, just like everything in this blog that comes down to a list... there are way too many things to put on one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...