Puzzle ★★★★★ | Movie Review

Synopsis


Agnes has an ordinary life, an unfulfilling life. But she finds a passion for puzzles when she opens a birthday present from her Aunt that leads her on a journey that will change her life.


Review


Goldilocks... It's the only way I can think to describe this film. It's not too short or too long, it's just right. It's a simple tale and yet thought provoking. Everything about it is just right.

A movie review isn't really the right place to go into those thought provoking moments, but everything is done so well that you really do identify with Agnes and what is happening in her life.

The one thing I didn't like about this film was the ending... it's not even really that I didn't like it, it's just not where I wanted the film to go. It was still a perfect conclusion to the film.

Both Kelly Macdonald and Irrfan Khan are excellent in Puzzle. Seeing them develop throughout the film was a pleasure to watch.

I very much enjoyed this film, even though I'm fully aware that my limited comments don't exactly suggest that, but this one stayed with me for quite a while after I left the cinema and I'm not really sure how to properly express that in words.

What should you do?


This one is a double edged sword. It is great and I really feel like you should see it. But at the same time, if you're prone to thinking about your own personal situation and possibly not in the best frame of mind then it might not be for you at this time. Maybe wait until it's streaming and then you can just walk away if you need to.

Movie thing you wish you could take home


The shop full of jigsaw puzzles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...