Yardie ★★ ½ ☆☆ | Movie Review

Synopsis


When D's brother is murdered he's taken in by King Fox, a Kingston Don and music producer. Never being able to let his brother go, D has some anger issues that lead him into trouble. To help him lay low for a while King Fox sends him to London with a shipment for London gangster, Rico. With his childhood sweetheart and their daughter living in London, he seeks them out and starts to enjoy the family life. But when he double crosses Rico and then discovered the man who killed his brother he's got some hard choices to make.


Review


This was the first film in quite some time that has had a trailer that accurately portrayed what you ended up viewing. So often I find I'm confused about something or, surprisingly, end up wondering where a clip from the trailer has actually gone during the film.

Yardie was a good watch. But... I don't really know. I honestly wish I knew what I didn't like about it, perhaps it's more accurate to say that I can't actually say what I was wowed by in it. The music is the one thing that I consistently enjoyed overall.

I'm familiar with the accent, but even I found it difficult to follow at the beginning, and while there's lingo too, it isn't difficult to decipher that in the context of the scenes. As we left the screen a woman behind me said she felt it needed subtitles, to which her boyfriend just laughed. As you go through the film it does get easier to understand, but there's no denying that it will lose some people on the journey. That being said, if they'd sacrificed the authentic accents then it wouldn't have been true to its roots.

I don't know the story it's based on, I would imagine the film is going to be fairly accurate giving the authenticity of everything involved. The ending of the film left me with no real feeling of pleasure considering the lead up to it.

What should you do?


You should see this one. I might not have enjoyed it as much as I was hoping but it's still an interesting story.

Movie thing you wish you could take home


That music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...