Moving With The Times

I've been a bit absent... I do have a legitimate reason... I have just moved across the country to Bristol. It has been a trying time but everything is mainly resolved. How people move all the time I don't know, I felt rather smug after my first move went fantastically well and I think this time it might have been the world balancing it out.

To sum up... arranged flat ages ago, woman pulled out at last minute, I turned into a gibbering wreck, get an alternative flat a week before I need to move, flat is tiny, flat is filthy.

I will admit that that is just the bad bits summed up there. I haven't seen much of Bristol yet but from car and bus windows it looks nice. We've driven round a few areas and I've been taking note of places to go online and from books. Going through Clifton was lovely, a comic book store and some good looking restaurants, there's definitely a trip up there on the cards. I'll have to go and find some of the street art too. Of course the important things have already been discovered... a cinema on a complex with a KFC and a McDonalds, also bingo if you're so inclined. I don't think I've ever been somewhere with so many supermarkets... I have at least two Lidls, and two Tescos... and I think we worked out there might be three Asdas... but to be honest we lost count!

I have had one go at driving through Bristol on my way over here, it was okay apart from a slight panic at a junction where I had no idea where I was going... neither did the satnav! I drove over to the cinema complex and it was a disaster, luckily I can get the bus there. It is really simple to get there... or it should be... but I believe that someone has been round Bristol and taken out every other road sign... this is the only way to account for the lack of information as you approach major roundabouts. I was advised today that the best way to get around is by using your satnav if you drive... but I think that once I've got the hang of the buses they're going to be my saviour.

I have a little parade of shops down where I live. Unfortunately the Chinese takeaway isn't very good... now of course this is just personal opinion, I just don't like restaurants that precook the meat and then just toss it in the sauce... I can do that at home. I've been told the fish and chip shop is very good, and this I'm inclined to believe, as when I went round to get dinner the other night there were about 30 people queueing... that's how I ended up at the Chinese.

I'm not going to lie, it's lonely. I'll be alright once I have my internet up and running. Until then I'm binge watching TV, reading and writing. So far I've watched a series of HIMYM and started watching CSI New York from the beginning, although currently I'm watching Looney Tunes... and once this is done I'm going to start reading The Freedom Writers.

All things happen for a reason... you just have to wait and see what that reason is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost