The Little Things
Life deals us some shoddy hands sometimes. That's why we should remember to enjoy the simple pleasures and triumphs in life.
- There's nothing like the feeling of putting a USB stick in the right way round first time.
- There's nothing like a drive through town with all green lights.
- There's nothing like a sunbeam... they're not just for cats.
- Finding an old favourite in the back of the wardrobe, trying it on, and seeing it fit.
- Watching snow fall at night.
- Looking out on fresh snow before anyone stands in it.
- Picking the right switch out of two that you can never usually remember.
- Sitting down to read a book for ten minutes and realising it's been two hours.
- Puppy head tilting.
- Holding a warm cup when your hands are cold.
- Taking your shoes and socks off after walking all day and putting your feet on a tile floor.
- Any moment where you can laugh until you cry.
- Moments that save your faith in humanity.
It's easy to be angry at the world, but it takes real courage to take those little things and wipe the anger away.