My Name is Emma, And I Have Never...

... eaten peanut butter. That was until this week.

I had to phone my Mum and check because I found it ridiculous that I had never eaten peanut butter before. She pondered it for a moment and came to the same conclusion... it baffled me that I had never had it.

Randomly something came up at work and I mentioned this... for a moment no one believed me, then they looked at me like I was the worst kind of criminal out there, like I had betrayed food somehow... and I felt like I had.

A couple of days later a guy in the office walked up to my desk and deposited a jar of smooth and a jar of crunchy peanut butter... my lifetime omission could no longer be ignored. I polled the office and my friends on which was better and how I should have it. The consensus was toast, but which variety was a split, office said crunchy and friends said smooth. I brought my loaf of bread, toasted two slices and spread myself two taste test worthy slices.

I discovered I already had a dislike for crunchy peanut butter, mainly because of some mild OCD tendencies I let fester inside me... see my post about making the perfect Marmite on toast. How on Earth are you meant to spread the stuff? Before I come to my verdict I'd like to tell you that I had high hopes... I love peanuts, I love satay sauce [which is essentially crunchy peanut butter] and things on toast are my go to snack. So this was kind of a no brainer.

Well... I feel like I've been betrayed by food, not the other way around. I had the crunchy slice first and felt like I was eating wallpaper paste mixed with UHU glue with a hint of peanut. The smooth slice didn't offend me as much, although I still would have liked to have been able to chew a little more freely.

In conclusion: Crunchy no, although I will be turning the jar into satay sauce very soon. I'm going to give smooth another go, possibly trying the American staple of PB&J... although I can't say I've ever been eating some fruit and thought "you know what would go well with this? A handful of peanuts." So any serving suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books To Watch Out For In February

Justice League Vs Suicide Squad

Books To Watch Out For In January