A Little Foggy In Patches

Nine month's ago I wrote a post, "10 Ways To A More Positive Life", and now seems like the right time to do a bit of a follow up.

In the last week I've gone from feeling on top of the world to wondering why I bothered to get out of bed.

---

I wrote those two sentences at about 7am this morning and then had to transition to playing Bejewelled on my phone laying face down on the sofa. I'm not even sure that I know what to write right now either, but I want to achieve something else today.

Today is definitely a better day than yesterday. I did chores, I did some painting and I left the house. I went to the supermarket, more for some mild company than anything else. I usually love a shopping trip, mainly because I like the precision and order of organising things on the conveyor belt at the tills (Error 404: Life not found). But my brain wasn't in the game, even the woman on the till asked me if I was alright, I just went with the "I should probably just start this day again" line.

I'm not sure there's a great aim to this post, I think I just wanted to show the contrast. Five days ago I was in a fantastic mood. For the last two days at home I've been crying for no reason (well, some of it was Doctor Who crying). But today I haven't cried at all, and I even watched 27 Dresses, so that's a real achievement!

I think it's more of a lesson to learn kind of post. All those months have passed, and this is the first time I've felt foggy. I remember how much I hate it. This little blip has made me remember that things I've been thinking down about aren't as bad as things I've been through before. Here's hoping for at least another nine months of clear skies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

So You've Seen Deadpool...

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost