I'm Booking This Month In Advance

Twitter this month has turned into a #bookaday festival. I'm trying to participate... even if they don't retweet my tweets!! Not bitter at all!

They have a different book related question each day for everyone to answer. On the first it was your favourite book from childhood [Harvey Angell], best bargain on the second [most of the books I own to be honest], one with a blue cover on the fourth [Crisis on Infinite Earths] and today was least favourite book by your favourite author [the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson].

Some of the questions I just don't think I'll be able to answer, and others are just plain daft. It basically sums up at life-time of books in one months worth of one-liners.

I thought I'd go for a few book memories rather than sticking to the list.

I can't exactly remember what got me hooked on books, I think it was crime fiction. I always loved reading Minette Walters and James Patterson. Anything crimey really.

At school I hated reading, mainly because of being forced to read the classics for English. I enjoy them more now but I've never had a love of them. At school I never got to read the whole book, and being told to read it to a schedule made me dislike it more. I can read a paperback in a day if I'm relaxing at home but tell me I have to read it in a week and it'll take me a month... even if I like it.

My favourite character is a lot trickier. I love Thursday Next, she's fantastically eccentric and brings a fantastic tale with her. Or Alex Cross and his kick ass/fathering double act. Or Nana Mama for that matter. There are just too many fantastic characters to love... I don't think I could pick one.

I haven't read them for years but I remember reading, and loving, when I was younger two biographies. Whoopi Goldberg's biography Book and Cybill Shepherd's Cybill Disobedience. I haven't thought about them for ages... I've just been on Amazon and ordered myself Cybill Disobedience for 77p... I know I still have a copy of Book somewhere.

There are so many things to love about books, just like everything in this blog that comes down to a list... there are way too many things to put on one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books To Watch Out For In February

Books To Watch Out For In January

Justice League Vs Suicide Squad