Reading Up A Storm

I was going through my iPad trying to find something to read and realised I had 24 partly read books on there. And that's just the eBooks, I dread to think how many physical books would fit that category.


I've listened to a couple of Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl audio books, I'm not going in to the debate on whether it's technically reading... as long as you're enjoying writing then that's all that matters. If I'd read the actual books I wouldn't have managed to read that many. I can listen to them on the way to and from work, and luckily I can listen to them at work as well.

Since I moved to Bristol I've managed to listen to all of the Harry Potter books, I've got one more Artemis Fowl to go. I was highly confused by Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy... I think that one really needs to be read, it'll certainly mess your head up a lot less. I listened to Jurassic Park, unfortunately an abridged addition which was very disappointing.

I've been looking around online to see what price things are and it's amazing how extortionate audio books can be. iTunes has Game Of Thrones at £22.95. If you join Audible they you'd think that you'd be able to get it for a £7.99 credit that you get every month but no, they've sneakily split it into two parts. I'm not sure I understand why, or how, they can get away with charging so much for them. I don't know, but I would assume, an audio book is a lot less hassle to make than an actual book.

Having finished the Harry Potter series I've come to wonder how someone saw the script to any of the films and thought "yeah, that's an awesome retelling." So much was taken out and changed that the characters don't really resemble those that they were adapted from. Twilight I found to be the same, I read the first third of the book and then made the mistake of watching the film... I couldn't go back to reading it after I realised that the third I'd read, that was quite good, had been condensed in to about ten minutes of the film.

I'm not sure if that means that I should read books before I see the films or not... either way it's probably going to leave me disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...