Bringing The Magic To Life

Hot Key Books have a great little thing on their blog... "Top Ten Tuesday". The one that brought it to my attention was "Things In Books You Wish Were Real."

Well... you know how I like a list!

So where to start? You may remember though, that when I spoke about "The Grimm Legacy", this topic caused me trouble... but I'm going to try harder.


  1. Has to be The New York Circulation Material Repository from "The Grimm Legacy". A wonderful place that stores all the magical items [and not so] in its library. By adding this one I'm sort of making the other nine things pointless as I could borrow them from here! But just because I go to the library doesn't mean I stop buying books! Anyway, not only would it be great to borrow things but I'd love to sit and watch the stained glass windows.
  2. Dodos, courtesy of Thursday Next and Jasper Fforde. I know they were real but I think I'm allowed to have them on the list as they're cloned. Come on... a cloned dodo as a pet? Yes please!
  3. Also thanks to Jasper Fforde, I'd like to jump into the BookWorld. I'm quite proficient at jumping into a book with my imagination but I'd love to interact with all those characters on their own time.
  4. Babel fish from Hitchhikers. As much as I hate the idea of it being shoved in my ear it would come in very handy.
  5. This isn't just Harry Potter, I'd happily have any properly functioning wand. Right now I'm having to get up to get my drink! I'm such a muggle.
  6. The great glass elevator from Willy Wonka's factory. How much easier would it be if you could take an elevator ANYWHERE?! It probably wouldn't meet health and safety standards now so I don't think TfL would have to worry about business.
  7. I should do something for the world on my list... I wish that people who were exposed to toxic substances got superpowers and not sick, or worse. Thank you graphic novels for that one.
  8. Dorothy's slippers, sometimes there truly is no place like home.
  9. Drink Me/Eat Me potions from "Alice In Wonderland". If I could have them tweaked slightly so that I could use them to adjust myself into the fancy clothes in my wardrobe.
  10. My last is a bit of a cheat as it's a selection of Harry Potter things. I'd like to try flying a broom, as well as flying it could probably double as a crude sweeping device. I'd like to try a butterbeer while having a nice relaxing night by the fire. I don't think I'd need either of them to be permanently real, I'm sure the novelty would wear off quickly... but a marauder's map? Now there's a handy item.


Narrowly off the list was Jurassic Park, very interesting but too deadly.

A few others that came up, but not book related... Scooby snacks - the epic motivator. Slurm - Everyone wants to party with Slurms McKenzie. Sonic screwdriver - it would be really handy if it was actually a screwdriver as well though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...