Travelling Humanity

So my Cornwall holiday is over for this year. It certainly wont be my last visit. There's hardly any of the hassle that you experience in the London area on a regular basis, and that is well worth the trip. Less chain pubs [well, different chain pubs so there kind of seems like a bigger selection] and the locals are lovely, and I specify locals because some of the human race left me very disappointed.

One of our days out was spent at Eden. I had never been there before and it really is a spectacular sight. I did show my "townie" side, I couldn't help but notice the similarities of when you see the whole Eden site for the first time with when you see the Bluewater site for the first time as you drive over the hill. I did hang my head at that, after all one is a fantastic ecosystem and the other is a money ecosystem.

It was immense to see so many different people there. A lot of effort has been put in to make is accessible to everyone. I saw the elderly with walking sticks, dog owners being pulled around by happy waggy-tailed dogs and disabled people in wheelchairs... and I don't think I saw a section that they couldn't get to somehow.

We sat down to lunch [with our happy waggy-tailed dog] and not long after a group of disabled children and their carers arrived. Their carers were excellent and very considerate. Some of the wheelchairs were very large but they kept everyone together as close as they could, and the group was making less noise than I've experienced from the same sized group of school children and probably the same sized group of adults to be honest. We sat and ate our lunch peacefully for fifteen minutes and then, here's where I got disappointed... an older couple walk behind me, the husband goes to sit down and the wife says "Oh no I can't stand THAT." The husband looks surprised as he follows the direction of her finger and it is firmly placed in the direction of the group.

I find it very difficult to understand people like that, and I think the husband did too, maybe you never stop learning things about your partner... for better or worse. Even if something isn't to your liking why would you say something, that if overheard would cause them offence or hurt them like that??

Next time try thinking before you speak. I'm almost certain it would make everyone, including you, happier people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies Of 2018 - August Recapped!

Fox Investigates: A Whiff Of Mystery by Adam Frost

So You've Seen Deadpool...